Real Stone. Real Thin.
Up to 1/16 the weight of traditional stone slabs of similar size. Light weight means reduced installation costs, fewer installers and fewer hours to complete the installation.
100% real stone full sheets of Marble, onyx, Travertine, and now Quartz. Eco friendly. thin is environmentally in style. these panels are more sustainable than traditional stone products. Less natural stone is removed from the planet. They require fewer recourses to produce. More panels can be shipped and transported than traditional stone which equates to fewer emissions and packaging.
- All of our products:
- Can be mitred.
- Has flex because of the backing…tight staircase…no problem.
- Is 10+ stronger than the 2cm/3cm material.
- Can be carried up elevators, up escalators, stairs…without danger.
- Can be cut with CNC, Water Jet, or by hand with Fess tool using diamond blade.
- Averages 3 lbs. – 4 lbs. per sq. ft. depending on stone type
- The only real stone product for projects where weight is an issue.
- Quick to install
- Is much easier to transport, a pickup truck/van can carrie 8 or more 5′ x 8′ panels in one trip.
- It only takes 2 workers to carry a panel
- Is the stone of the future, easier on the environment, 5 mm of stone instead of 20 mm or 30 mm for traditional slabs.
- Is great for boats, elevator, furniture, door, stair manufacturing
- Is water proof, stone is porous, but with our backing our stone panels are completely waterproof.
- Typical uses are showers, bath surrounds, wall features, fireplaces, elevators, bars, wine cellars, wine racks, backsplashes, furniture, head boards, vanities, closet features…from T. Towers to RV’s.
About the Stone
Using new patented equipment, DesignerStone®Panels are made up of a front layer of thinly cut real stone (granite, travertine, onyx and marble) adhered to an unique backing which is then engineered using the most modern patented technology to create an extremely strong and lightweight stone-faced structure. Most of our use in indoors but we now have DSP\’s (onyx, marble and travertine) for outside use, flooring and for onxy we have complete sealed units with lighting ready for install. These are custom made and can be shipped anywhere in the world. The panels are made by cutting natural stone blocks as thin as 5mm. Depending on the type of stone and the use, the backings can be aluminum polymer composite, fibreglass, honeycomb PVB, or glass. The result is a natural stone panel that is stronger and much lighter than traditional large slabs of the same stone. . We are the first with this technology in Canada and have perfected it to be the best in North America.